In addition to English programs, Brooklyn School of Languages also offers a range of part-time foreign language courses.
BSL currently offers evening and part-time classes in a variety of languages in New York, and tailor-made language training to a wide range of companies and individuals. Languages we offer include; Danish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese & Spanish. This is the perfect opportunity to take on the challenge of learning a new language, or of consolidating and extending what you already know.
All of our courses are carefully structured and designed to cover a wide range of topic areas, grammatical structures and skills. Our foreign language courses include the following elements:
- Developing and improving your spoken language
- Building your communicative confidence so you can talk with native speakers
- Developing your listening and comprehension skills to improve understanding
- Learning and reviewing the grammatical structures of the language
- Focusing on language that you can use in real-life situations, both written and spoken
- Building a base of core vocabulary
- Working on pronunciation so people will be able to understand what you say
- Reading practice and comprehension testing
All of our teaching staff are fully qualified and experienced foreign language trainers. They are either native speakers or of native speaker level.
Our trainers will adopt a 'learner centered' approach to modern language teaching, which enables them to meet your individual needs. Courses cover practice in all 4 skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing; however, you will find the focus of our Foreign Language Courses is on speaking and listening - the main requirements of today's modern language learner. Teachers will use the target language, activities will be communicative, and the material learned will be relevant to you.
Courses, prices and next start dates
- 10-week language courses - One evening per week over 10 weeks - from $299/$349.
Next start dates: Aug, Oct
- German elementary 1: Mon Aug 4th, 7pm – 9pm
- German advanced: Tues Aug 5th, 7pm – 9pm
- Danish beginners 3: Wed Aug 6th, 7pm – 9pm
- French beginner 1 - $299
- German beginner 1 - $299
- Italian beginner 1 - $299
- Spanish beginner 1 - $299
- French beginner 2 - $299
- German beginner 2 - $299
- Italian beginner 2 - $299
- Spanish beginner 2 - $299
- French beginner 3 - $299
- Spanish beginner 3 - $299
- 1 to 1 Private Tuition - from $55/hour
All prices include a coursebook where stated. Classes will be taught in small groups by our qualified native speaker trainers. Please email us at email@example.com or stop by our office at 16 Court Street (34 th Floor) to book your place in a course.